Online Engagement Using PEAR Deck.
The meeting was held on March 21, 2023 and presented by Mona Taslimi and Julie Robitaille.
By clicking on the hyperlink of one of the points in the table below, you will be redirected to the precise moment of the recording when this point was discussed.
How to Access the Slides
– Type of Activities (tool)
– Access Prior Knowledge (tool)
– Stress Check (tool)
Strategies for Keeping Students Engaged in Online Learning Environments
– True or False (tool)
Challenges of Online Class Engagement
Best Practices for Online Class Engagement
Benefits of Engaging Online Classes
What is Pear Deck?
– Temperature Check (tool)
Why use Pear Deck?
– Some statistics to support these benefits
Using Pear Deck in the classroom
– Live presentations
– Interactive homework
– Formative assessments
– Group activities
– Collaborative note-taking
– Interactive lectures
Pear Deck add-ons and integrations
– Takeaway (tool)
– Emotion Check (tool)
Pear Deck support and resources
Time to practice… How to Create a Pear Deck presentation on Google Slides
– Installing the Add-on
– Using the Right-side Menu
Pear Deck for PowerPoint (Microsoft)
– Login Requirement for Student
– Visual Aspect
– How to Preview your Slides with the Student POV
– Integration in Google Classroom and Teacher’s Interface